SOCIAL AND CULTURAL CENTRE
Carrer Jaume I, 57.
This building dates from the beginning of the century. It was built under the initiative of the Garelly-Pastor Foundation, pursuing an educational and welfare vocation. As such, it carried out its mission as a school for children with little resources, and was managed by religious groups, first of all, by the Sisters of Bethany, and then by the Trinitarian Sisters.
It was remodelled at the end of the 1880’s and inaugurated in 1890. Today it is the headquarters of many groups and municipal services:
§ Meeting place for retired people.
§ Association of retired people and pensioners “Sant Blai”.
§ Rehearsal room for the Artistic-Musical Association “Sant Blai”.
§ Municipal library.
§ Free access to the Internet – DISEMINA.
§ PGS – Association of Pro-Mentally impaired persons in la Safor.
Partida La Mitjana.
The sports centre is located in the sector of La Mitjana in the municipal district of Potries, and consists of the following facilities:
§ 3 Swimming pools (large, average-sized and small) with changing rooms.
§ Football field
§ 7-a-side football field
§ Changing rooms (to accommodate the players of two teams and a referee)
C/ Boamit, 26.
Tel.: 962 800 588, Fax: 962 801 162
It is a remarkable building characteristic of 17th Century noble architecture, and of the rural environment present in the Valencian Country. It preserves many of the original features of the old house, such as the forged iron grills of the façade, the magnificent ceramic tiles and the wooden beams.
§ Technicians: Architect, Technical Industrial Engineer, Technical Agricultural Engineer.
§ Department of Culture and Social Services.
§ Municipal Archives.
§ Mayor’s Office.
§ General Secretariat.
§ Department of Urban planning and Environment.
§ Department of Civic Participation and Security.
§ Meeting rooms.
§ Plenary rooms.
§ Exhibition room. Permanent Exhibition of Potries’ Museographic collection.
BUILDINGS OF CULTURAL IMPORTANCE.
The old houses which in the past belonged to teachers, together with the building which housed the clinic, and the old house orginally accommodating the doctor, have been remodelled during the past years to provide the municipality with both welfare and cultural spaces, necessary for local inhabitants. These are located on Ermita St., near the access to the Calvary which leads up to the hermitage, and next to the facilities provided by the “El Salvador” school. All three buildings constitute a unitary space with obvious educational, cultural and welfare activities.
§ Kindergarten “El Solet”:
o 2 Classrooms
o Manager’s Office
§ Music school
o 4 classrooms
o Office for administration and for the “Sant Blai” Artistic-musical Association.
§ Clinic. Tel.: 962 800 112.
o General Medicine.
§ Office for the Association of Parents of Pupils.
§ Office for the Psycho-pedagogic Cabinet.
§ 2 reinforcement classrooms.
§ Classrooms for the C.R.A. Mondúver-Safor
§ Multi-sportive court: five-a-side football, basketball, volleyball.
ASSOCIATION CENTRE OF CASA ABADIA.
This building, an annex of the parish church, is the property of the Archbishopric of Valencia, which, through an agreement with the Town Council of Potries, has been allocated for several uses and to serve as association headquarters.
§ Municipal School dining hall.
§ Sports and Multipurpose room
This is a wide, open-air, public space, situated to the south of the urban centre, next to Calle la Pau. It occupies the extension of terrain between the old path and the new road leading to the Penyascals. It is an area which has undergone recent urbanisation, which is, in actual fact, still in the process of finalisation, with the intention of consolidating a vast, green area for use as a public park, at one of the connecting points between the urban centre and the mountain. It is also the site allotted to the traditional fairground during the celebrations of the Porrat de Sant Blai.
§ Building under construction to house the future Youth Centre.
§ Recreation area with swings
§ Stage for open-air cultural events (concerts, theatre).
§ Fairground site.